Real Estate Buyers
For most people, the purchase or sale of a home is one of the most significant financial transactions they will ever undertake, and having the right people in place to help guide you through the process – qualified advisers such as real estate agents, accountants and lawyers – can and will make the process that much easier.
When you choose McMurter & Associates to provide legal services, our team walks you through each of the stages of your real estate purchase to make sure that you understand what is expected of you, and to ensure that you get what you bargained for.
We strive to deliver our services with “No Surprises”.
Our work begins after the conditions, such as financing, have been met. As your legal representatives, we will handle the legal work associated with the home purchase to protect your interests. We take care of details such as:
- Reviewing the agreement of purchase and sale
- Reviewing the documents prepared by the vendor
- Conducting a title search
- Ensuring no liens on the property title for taxes or utilities
- Arranging for title insurance
At all times, you are encouraged to keep in touch with us. We work for you, and we know that you may have many questions that we can answer. We are here to help.
Legal fees will vary depending on the complexity and price of your real estate transaction. In addition to legal fees, there are other costs associated with a home purchase. The following prices are valid throughout Durham Region and the GTA.
Legal Fees for Purchasing a Home, (includes one mortgage)*:
- $1,095 (on houses priced up to $500,000.00)
- $1,195 (on houses priced $500,000.00 to $750,000.00)
- $1,295 (on houses priced $750,000.00 to $1,000,000.00)
* All costs are approximate.
Legal Fees for Selling a Home (includes discharging one mortgage):
- $999.00 (+HST for houses priced up to $500,000.00)
- $1,099.00 (+HST for houses priced $500,000.00 to $750,000.00)
- $1,199.00 (+HST for houses priced $750,000.00 to $1,000,000.00)
We also have special rates for first-time buyers
What’s Not Included:
Purchasers are also responsible for HST and the following permitted disbursements: land transfer tax, government document registration fees, fees charged by government, Teranet fees, the cost of a condominium status certificate, payment for letters from creditors’ lawyers regarding similar name executions and any title insurance premium.
First time buyers may be entitled to a reduction in Land Transfer Tax up to $4,000.00. Please see our website for more information.
Contact McMurter & Associates
Our lawyers help real estate buyers in Ontario’s Durham Region and communities such as Whitby and Oshawa so their experience is informed and hassle-free. To meet with a member of our firm, send us an email or call us at 1-1-800-756-7138 or 289-278-0934 to schedule a consultation.